I have skin problems, I break out like a teenage boy going through puberty. It’s awful and I will be the first to admit it. I’ve tried all products from boots, Neutrogena, Murad… I mean everything.
The generic stuff made a little difference, not what I was really looking for and the premium stuff, well that shit is so expensive to keep up with! Excuse my French, it’s not shit, they are really, really good products; in fact I still use some occasionally.
I was introduced to Mario Badescu about a year ago now and it all began with their silver powder and Vitamin C serum. Ulta was having one of their fabulous sales they so often have and this time it was for the Mario Badescu brand. I read about their Vit C Serum through Nylon Magazine and instantly fell in love with every word that was written in this article. Words like: ‘brightening agents’; ‘glowy skin’; ‘firmer skin’; ‘smaller pores’ stained the page; I was hooked.
Upon my arrival to the Mario Badescu section of the West Hollywood store, there was an ‘expert’ waiting for any and all who were interested in this product. I told her my issues: melasma, acne, black heads, dull skin and her two opinions were the silver powder and vitamin C serum.
Naturally, I bought them.
The silver powder works wonders for the clogged pores on your T-Zone- nose, chin, forehead. You simply dampen a cotton ball, dip into the silver powder and apply to your T-zone trouble spots. Leave on to dry for 10 minutes and remove with a cotton ball that has toner on it. Done.
The Vit C Serum smells of yuzu juice- that citrus-y orange and lemon scent- when I apply its like I’m rubbing oranges all over my face. You can wear it alone or under your moisturizer and the directions say, ‘apply every other day’.
Now that I am officially obsessed with the product, I have been exchanging my ‘generic brands’ for this fabulous yet reasonably priced brand.
Toner: Special Cleansing Lotion-C- Use daily
– infused with cucumber extract and sulfur- this acne fighting astringent cleans up the mess so you don’t have to
Whitening Mask– use 2-3 times per week
– Hydrates and brightens uneven skin tones and gently reduces the appearance of acne scars and sun damage
– Contains kojic acid, licorice and mulberry
Glycolic Eye Cream– use nightly
– Best for sun damage and wrinkle prevention
– Skin smoothing, rich formula
– High in antioxidant vitamin E and a blend of oils
Drying Lotion: Nightly
– Salicylic acid, calamine
– Shrinks whiteheads overnight
Drying Cream: Daily (after moisturizer, before make up)
– Dries up under the surface bumps and pimples
– Prevents pimples from getting larger and spreading
– Aloe rich
Buffering Lotion– apply nightly and/or before drying mask
– Covers large erupted areas for overall treatment
– Contains B vitamins and amino acids as well as soothing anti-inflammatory herbal extracts
– Reduces cystic acne
See, I told you. Obsessed
The Naked Bohemian