It’s the New Year, and I’m sure all of you are still feeling motivated and fresh by hitting the gym everyday, eating healthy and working towards your goals, amongst other “resolutions” you have probably set yourself. Great for you! Keep at it. As much as I hate resolutions, I’ve decided to look at them more like “evolutions” because evolving is important as we continue to grow up (no matter how hard we try not to).
With all of those new hopes and dreams we come up with, sometimes we forget the more “fun” ideas and if you are like myself and are constantly feeling busy, it’s easy to forget to give ourselves a little extra TLC. So I thought it would be fun to post a new way to resolve this year. I’m going to pick a lifestyle category, (fashion, beauty, travel, etc.) and post a list of resolutions regarding that topic. They will present new ways to challenge yourself and in turn make little pieces of your personal self a little bit brighter.
So, let’s talk about fashion…
1. Instead of buying a bunch of cheap articles of clothing for $100 take that money and invest in a staple piece to expand your wardrobe gradually. That one staple item will last you a lifetime, rather than all those poorly made components which will last you a month. Not to mention how great well made clothing looks on a human being.
3. Start Checking out thrift shops and consignment shops, not only for clothing but for décor for your home as well.
4. Invest in the perfect everyday bag. If you choose a brand that is well made, it will last you forever and is perfect for work, shopping, lunch dates, etc.
5. Step outside of your box. I am guilty of always purchasing black and/or white clothing. Spice it up and purchase a color piece.
6. Organize your closet according to color, starting with the lightest on the left flowing right to darkest. It will be easier on the eyes and mind white searching for the perfect outfit to wear everyday.
7. Figure out your personal style. Stop following every trend you see in the magazines and start figuring out what you really like to wear and what represents you. I just figured out my personal style, and it’s a little tom boy mixed with bohemian chic. Do some research and see what you like best.